By Angela Buhri
Juices can help you lose weight better than any weight loss diet and should be part of every holistic weight loss strategy. I’m not talking about the juices you get in a supermarket or in your health food store . I’m talking about freshly pressed vegetable juices.
There are several reasons why juicing helps you lose weight:
- Juice supplies a variety of nutrients your body can easily absorb: vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients and biophotons your body needs. Consequently you’re less hungry.
- Because of all the highly absorbable nutrients in juice you have less cravings.
- Juices provide the body with a lot of energy and fatigue disappears.
- Fresh juices from raw vegetables and greens are “live food” because they provide the body with all the nutrients that plants absorb from the sun that have not been destroyed by heat or processing.
- You feel like working out more when you juice because this is the natural thing the body wants to do when it has enough energy. Consequently, you build more muscle and that helps you burn even more calories.
- Juices detoxify the body because they are loaded with antioxidants. Toxins are, in most cases, the culprit that forces the body to keep that fat, and can cause you to gain more and more weight even when you’re dieting regularly.
- Vegetable juices are alkaline and therefore, balance your body’s pH. This encourages the body to release fat cells.
Juice Help Curb Cravings
Fresh vegetable juices offer a variety of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, enzymes and biophotons. The fact that they contain little sugar is very helpful for your weight loss process. The body can easily absorb all the vital nutrients that are in the juices. So often I see that people who are not used to eating raw food have a problem digesting it because their body is not used to these raw foods anymore. These same people have hardly any problems with digesting juices and smoothies since they are almost pre-digested. This sends a signal to your brain and you stop craving more food.
Juices perfectly offer what your body needs to do it’s work and keep you healthy. Most people need to eat fewer calories when they include fresh vegetable juice and they also gain more energy.
Nutrients That Satisfy The Body’s Nutritional Needs
There are several nutrients that help your body satisfy it’s needs better than anything else and therefore are great for your weight loss process:
- Chlorophyll: Chlorophyll is a plant pigment that is concentrated in green leaves and can bind mycotoxins,(very acidic waste products fungi and yeast produce), and therefore has the power to deactivate systemic yeast. Chlorophyll blocks these mycotoxins from entering the bloodstream. Candidae love an acidic environment and creates even more mycotoxins. But, because of the alkaline pH of chlorophyll, these acidic mycotoxins are neutralized. There is evidence that approximately 70% of American women suffer from an overgrowth of Candida albicans. The best choices for vegetable juices that contain chlorophyll are any kind of green leaves, including collards, chard, kale, spinach, green lettuce, parsley, and beet leaves.
- Enzymes. When you’re overweight and suffer from fatigue, then you’re very likely to be enzyme deficient. Enyzmes speed your fat burning process, but they are easily destroyed by heat. If you eat mainly cooked and processed food, you’re lacking these vital enzymes. Consequently, your organs have to work much harder which causes your metabolism to slow down even further Drinking plenty of fresh vegetable juices reduces the workload of your liver so that it can concentrate more on fat burning and energy production.
- Magnesium. Magnesium plays a key role in your body’s fat storage. Is it a coincidence that about 80% of American women don’t get enough magnesium? When magnesium is low, glucose and insulin build up in your bloodstream. They then get stored as fat instead of being burned for fuel. Green plants are very rich in magnesium because they absorb magnesium from the soil.
Alkalizing The Body Promotes Weight Loss
The average Western diet contains high-sugar, grain, and animal-based food and coffee or black tea, soda pop, and wine or beer too. All these foods lead to acidity in the body. In addition, sugar and many carbohydrates support yeast and fungus growth, which produces even more acid. This condition is called acidosis what is an imbalance in pH leaning toward acidity. Acidity is very dangerous for our body and only a small increase of acid in our bloodstream leads to death. Two of the most unwanted results of acidosis are weight gain and the inability to lose weight and together, eventually lead to obesity. Obesity is actually life-saving. Your body creates fat where it can store away the acids so that they can’t get into the bloodstream. (Please also see Issue #4 of The Weight Loss Rebellion magazine.) In order to reverse obesity, you have to alkalize your body. Vegetable juices should be part of your alkalizing strategy. 60-80% of your food should be alkalizing foods, i.e. greens, fresh vegetables, fruit that ripens on the tree, seeds, nuts, and sprouts. At the same time, reduce any kind of acid-forming foods such as dairy products, meat, and grains.
The Weight Loss Secret Of Biophotons
What are biophotons? Here is what wisegeek.com says. “Biophotons are weak emissions of light radiated from the cells of all living things. A photon is a single particle of light. Plants, animals and humans generate up to 100 photons per second, per 0.15 square inches (1 sq. centimeter) of surface area. According to a leading researcher of biophotons, German biophysicist Fritz-Albert Popp, light is constantly being absorbed and remitted by DNA molecules within each cell’s nucleus. These biophotons create a dynamic, coherent web of light. A system that could be responsible for chemical reactions within the cells, cellular communication throughout the organism, and the overall regulation of the biological system, including embryonic development into a predetermined form. The laser-like coherence of the biophoton field is a significant attribute, making it a prime candidate for exchanging information in a highly functional, efficient and cooperative fashion, lending credence to the idea that it may be the intelligence factor behind the biological processes. An aspect of… “consciousness.”
The fact is, we can live without food for quite a while, but we can’t live without light for more than a couple of days. Therefore, it’s safe to say that biophotons play a much bigger role in our health than scientists knew until just a few years ago. Biophotons contain important information that is responsible for controlling very complex processes in our body. They have the ability to order and regulate our cells what has an impact on our body’s self-healing and self-restoring capacity. The more light a food is able to store, the more nutritious it is. Naturally grown, sun-ripened, fresh vegetables and fruits are rich in light energy and so raw food is packed with biophotons – and so are juices made of raw food. But when we cook the food, these ‘rays of light’ are destroyed. We need energy and we derive it from the sun through the food we eat. Isn’t that a wonderful principle?
After a while, your internal environment changes, and you gain more energy. When you consume plenty of live foods, you will need fewer calories, and you will be less hungry.
Make juicing part of your overall weight loss strategy!